Survivors of domestic violence seeking an immediate restraining order do not need to wait to attend a clinic in order to receive assistance. They are encouraged to send an email to email@example.com to receive prioritized assistance in the following format:
Subject “URGENT: DVRO” Include a first name and phone number in the subject. Our staff will be in touch as soon as possible.
Preparing for Your Clinic Appointment
Clinics are held at various strategic locations throughout Riverside and San Bernardino Counties.
When you get in touch with staff, you will be scheduled for the next available local clinic to you. Staff will then complete an intake via phone or in person.
What we will need from you at your appointment (Applicable to All Clients):
- Full legal name, last known address and contact information for the opposing party;
- Income for the last 30 days of everyone in your *household. Your household includes anyone who is dependent on you and vice versa. Roommates, adults with separate incomes (money you don’t have direct access to) are not part of your household.
- Photo ID (Consular ID, Driver’s License, Residency Card or any other government ID accepted)
Divorces, Legal Separations, Paternity, Child and/or Spousal Support, and Custody Matters:
- Marriage Certificate + Date of Separation;
- The bank statement closest to your date of separation;
- List of assets: Cars, Homes, 401k Amount, other Retirement Accounts (Current Value, Date Acquired, Amount Owed);
- List of debts: Credit Card Accounts and any other financed items (Amount Owed, Date Account Opened) If they were used to contribute to both party’s living expenses, you may not be solely responsible for paying them off. Even if they are only in your name, please provide us with this information to provide you the best options.
- Current Credit Report (Get Your Report Free)
- Child or Spousal Support Payment History, if any. Informal arrangements between co-parents are acceptable.
Domestic Violence Restraining Orders (To protect yourself, your children, and pets):
- Date of most recent incident;
- Police Reports, photos or any other evidence related to the domestic or child abuse.
- Criminal History Report from the court where you were convicted or Live Scan Report (Find a Live Scan near you);
- Confirmation fees have been paid, *if this has not been completed we can still assist although we cannot guarantee your request will be approved.
- Any achievements you have made since the conviction demonstrating a change in your character. (Certificates, reference letters, long-term employment)
If you refuse to provide necessary information or cannot provide accurate information, we will not be able to assist you due to strict funding guidelines and in-depth court documents.
How to Receive Services
Call our intake line at (951) 369-3009 Monday – Thursday 9 AM – 3 PM to schedule an appointment.
If you left a voicemail and have not received a response within 24 business hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to be scheduled for an appointment at the next available clinic.